If you are looking to land your dream job - no matter how amazing your experience is, if you don`t have a well-written CV, then your chances are diminished.
Thus, writing a clear, distinctive, and eye-catching CV is of enormous importance to get noticed and increase positive responses in today`s recruitment market.
Here is Longbridge Recruitment's Quick step guide to tailoring your CV and getting the Basics right.
- Name, email, LinkedIn URL + Number - keep it short + sweet
- Start with a punchy profile = 4 - 6 lines summarising yourself. This is what the recruiter is going to read first SO Include: Skills, Experience, Industries, Tools - Avoid: Meaningless clichés
- 6 – 8 short bullet points that highlight your main offering e.g: Knowledge of MES. OR Data collection and SPC
ROLES – Company - Role Title - Dates
- Start with a 2 – 3-line summary - List your responsibilities
Show the impact you have made - Lots of details in recent roles, less in older roles
- End with some Key Achievements, using facts and figures to really impress employers
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Simple list format - include dates and governing bodies - only include the relevant & important